My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

That's called Indianization

It's widespread that The Incredibles was a huge hit in US. It was bound to happen... I repeat again, PIXAR RULES :-) After its successful run in US, The Incredibles is ready to hit India with bang... Hindi version of the movie named Hum hain Lajawaab, stars Shahrukh Khan, his son and Javed Jaffari. According to me the only reason to choose SRK for voicing is to make this movie more popular. Disney knows how to earn profit (Refer to my previous article subjected "Toy story will be spoiled" ). Anyways.. some interesting facts about Hum Hain Lajawaab

Here are the name of characters :
Bob Parr - Baldeo Parr (SRK)
Frozone - Barfila
'Dash' - Tez(Apparently so, because Dash is very fast!!!)
Mirage - Mona(couldn't have been better name for this character :-) )

Rediff mentions "Jaaved has also written the Hindi script". My God... what would happen to the dialgoues...??? Does anyone recall "Stuart Little" in hindi?? "Rajma kha ke hazma kharab ho gaya", "Kabhi khushi kabhi gam, kabhi zyada kabhi kam". Although it spoiled fun of the original dialogues for some people, but I feel it was well suited for Indian audience. Personally speaking, I had enjoyed movie at that point of time. Shahrukh Khan was quoted saying "Unfortunately, I must admit, for all of us sitting here, the English version still sounds better", but this modified version is better suited for Indian audience who may be unaware of many references in US context.

Here is rediff coverage of promotional event of the movie
Rediff Coverage

1 Comments:

Blogger mapuna said...

nicve work. never knew there are some animation lovers except me (!) in iitk

November 24, 2004 at 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home